Using your Health and Benefit Visa® debit card
Whether you’re at the doctor’s office, the pharmacy, a retailer or online, the easiest way to pay for qualified health care expenses with funds from your health account(s) is to use your Health and Benefit Visa debit card.
Other account users
To make it convenient for others in your family to pay using your health and benefit debit card, you can order additional debit cards on the member website (for dependents age 18 and older). You can order up to 9 additional cards. On the member website, “Accounts” > “Banking” > “Issue Card.”
How the card works with multiple health accounts
If you have more than one account with Bank of America, you don’t have to worry about which account the money will be drawn from; because the funds will automatically come out of the appropriate account based on the type of expense
If you have multiple accounts and would like a debit card transaction applied to a different account, please contact Customer Care for assistance. For example if an expense was applied to your HSA instead of your LPFSA.
If you have an FSA, please be aware of the rules and deadlines for paying for qualified health care expenses using your FSA. You cannot use your Bank of America Health Account Visa® debit card to pay for expenses incurred in the previous year. Learn more about grace period, carryover and run-out.
What to do if your card is lost or stolen
Report a lost or stolen card immediately on the member website: “Accounts” > “Banking/Cards” > “Report Lost/Stolen.” Or, call Customer Care at 800.718.6710.
Disputing a transaction
If you suspect fraud or an error with one of the transactions on your statement, contact Customer Care at the number on the back of your debit card within 60 days of receiving your statement. The following steps will help us resolve the issue:
- Bank of America will cancel your debit card(s) and issue a new one.
- You will need to complete and return the Transaction Dispute Form within 120 calendar days of the original transaction date. The form can be found on the member website: “Tools & Support” > “Account Support & Forms.”
- A provisional credit will be placed on your account within 10 days.
- The disputed charge will be researched. This could take up to 45 days from the time the form is received.
- If the charge is confirmed as fraudulent, the provisional credit will become a permanent credit and you’ll be notified by mail that the process is complete.
Tip: To help you monitor activity on your account, you can sign up for text alerts that will let you know when your debit card is being used. On the member website: “Message Center” > “Update Notification Preferences.”