Filing a claim on your Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)

When you want to either make a payment to a provider or reimburse yourself using funds in your health and benefit account(s), you will need to file a claim. You can file a claim with the MyHealth app, on the member website, and by mail or fax.

MyHealth app

  1. Select “Send Payment” or "Reimburse Myself"
  2. Choose the account you want to use > enter the required claim details.
  3. Upload your receipt > review summary > click “Submit.”
    Note: When you use a receipt from the Receipt organizer, it will display with a green “Used” indicator at the top right.

Member website

  1. Select “Send Payment” or "Reimburse Myself" > choose the account you want to pay “From” > choose who to make a payment “To.”
  2. Upload your receipt.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions > “Submit.”

Mail or fax

  1. Download the Reimbursement Request Form – Health & DCFSA from the member website: “Tools & Support” > “Account Support & Forms.”
  2. Fill out the form.
  3. Fax or mail it to Bank of America.

Deadlines for filing claims

For details on filing deadlines, find your plan in the "Accounts" section on the member website's homepage. Hover mouse over the information icon to the right of the plan name and a pop-up will appear showing you the key dates for your account.

Tip: You can choose to receive text alerts on your claim status. On the member website: "Message Center" > "Update Notification Preferences"